• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Multiple Choice Multiple Response and Drag and Drop questions

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,
I'm practicing with Whizlabs tests and there in case of Multiple Choice Multiple Response questions I get a percentage mark if I guess only some of the right answers. The same for Drag N Drop questions.
In the real exam does it work the same? Does the engine gives you percentage marks accordint to the number of the right answers in multiple choices and drag and drop question or otherwise YOU MUST GUESS ALL THE RIGHT ANSWERS TO GET A 1 MARK AND IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE IN JUST ONE ANSWER ALL THE QUESTION IS CONSIDERED WRONG AND YOU GET 0 MARK???
Of course I passed SCJP(84%), but I cannot remember how it works.
To remember methods, classes and interfaces do you suggest me to read the specifications? I ask myself how I can succeed in memorizing the hierarchical inheritance trees and the hundreds of tags!!! I think writing code is one answer, but is it the only one ?
Could somebody give me a suggestion?
Thank you

Creator of Enthuware JWS+ V6
Android Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Stefania,

I'm practicing with Whizlabs tests and there in case of Multiple Choice Multiple Response questions I get a percentage mark if I guess only some of the right answers.

In the real exam you only get a mark if everything is correct, but you know exactly how many answers you should give.

To remember methods, classes and interfaces do you suggest me to read the specifications?

Just start with a book from the SCWCD links and write a lot of code. Reading the specs is not necessary but it can help you understand things you don't understand from the book.

Buy the Enthuware exams and do all the mock exams, if you can pass those you are ready for the real exam. For cramming you can make use of my notes (see SCWCD links, rancher notes)

Good luck,
Frits

stefania ferrarelli
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you Fritz,
I downloaded your summary of David Bridgewater's study guide and I think it will help me a lot.
One more question:I studied on HF and now I need a lot of practice in writing code, since I've got only little working experience in writing servlets and jsps. But I'm worried because I cannot find the right coding strategy...try to practice on every single tag, or only on the more important?; write a lot of little web apps to practice with DD and deployment configuration?; create my own custom tags?; try to test eveything I need tyo learn?and so on...
I am afraid that without a coding strategy I will spend a lot of time, probably too much!!!
And I would like to speed up my study as much as possible!
Could you suggest me how to handle the coding practice???
Sorry, I know it seems to be not a very clever question...;-)
Stefania

Frits Walraven
Creator of Enthuware JWS+ V6
Android Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Stefania,

You don't need a lot of experience in writing web-applications. I don't know this particular HF book (I had bought the David Bridgewater book) but I would recommend following their small practical examples. Just start from the beginning chapter by chapter.

Apart from that you could make a small web-application with all the techniques you have learned so far. You can think of a small address application where you don't worry about the database interaction (unless you have done that before). Just use a text file with addresses of your friends, create a Servlet that reads them, a JSP to show them, create a Servlet to delete an entry and one that updates an address and so on. Don't try to code everything at once, just build and test slowly so that you don't start messing up.

Try to do coding without Eclipse or other tool in the beginning so that you learn how to make a deployment descriptor and how you can create a .war file by hand. Later on you can download Eclipse 5.5 with integrated tomcat server and see how quick you can write your web-apps with a tool like that.

Whenever you get stuck: post your code and questions on javaranch as there a lot lot of experts willing to answer your questions!

I hope this helps a bit, and enjoy coding.
Regards,
Frits

n.b. I will update my notes one of these days and please give feedback on any errors

What a show! What atmosphere! What fun! What a tiny ad!
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic