• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

New records in Database table to be send to Web Service

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have a requirement to send any new records created in database table in XML message format to be send to a webservice. How should I go about doing this. The WS messaging mode is Document/Literal. Please help me get started.

Thanks

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi!
First of all, you have to decide on how to detect changes in the database. Either you have some kind of trigger in the database that invokes your program or you periodically checks for the table(s) in question modifications.
Then you need to retrieve data from the database and create XML representation of the data. Depending on what kind of web service you are going to send the data to, there are different alternatives available regarding how to create the XML.
Finally you send the data to the web service, which again is dependent on the kind of web service that is to receive the data.
Best wishes!

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic