• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Authentication Problem

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Here's my setup. I have a home page, index.jsp with a login form.

My Login action has this for a result:

I have a file called home.jsp located in /secure. When I login successfully, I go here.

Then I added this to my struts.xml:

The point of this is so that if I have a jsp page with no action tied to it, lets say an image upload form or something, I can still trigger my interceptor to make sure I'm logged in. This works too. For example, if I try and navigate to /secure/home, my interceptor is triggered, even though I don't have a Home action.

For some reason, however, having this addition makes it so that when I login, instead of going to /secure/home like before, I get a requested resource is not available even though it is.

Pj Casaro
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I ran some tests and got some very interesting results.

I should note that I've set a couple of constants:

These were necessary to get what I want to work.

1) Create directory "/secure/test" and in "/secure/test" put "testpage.jsp":

When I log in, and attempt to visit "http://localhost:8080/MyPage/secure/test/testpage", I get an error message that "/MyPage/secure/test/test/testpage" is not available. It seems to have duplicated the namespace.

2) Create a package called "actions.secure.test" and put a random action class in it, and it works.

It seems like there's a flaw with what I'm trying to do. It seems redundant to need a class for every action but it seems like thats the only way to get it to behave

Pj Casaro
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
For all interested parties, here's the fix.

Lets say you have some simple jsps that don't need classes but do need to be secured. This is what that part of your struts.xml should look like:

With the two constants from before, basically, when you enter the secure namespace, it will look for anything you type in that doesn't have a class associated with it, check if you're logged in, and then serve that jsp if you are logged in.

We've gotta get close enough to that helmet to pull the choke on it's engine and flood his mind! Or, we could just read this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic