• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Using JDBC SQLite, Eclipse SWT Image and JAVA to insert, store and retrieve Images.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey all,

I'm not sure if this should be in the SWT section or the JDBC section. Can you post the same message in two separate forum categories?

I'm writing a basic Java application that allows a user to insert details about individuals into an SQLite database. I'm using Eclipse SWT for the GUI.

Eclipse SWT defines a type Image (org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Image) for displaying Images in a GUI.

I am trying to allow a user to browse the file system, select an image and then insert that image into a database. I also want to be able to retrieve that image from the database and display it in the GUI.

All pretty straightforward, but for the life of me I can't get it to work!! I've searched around a lot too and can't seem to find a solution to this.

I'll attach my code below, and I'm using:
Eclipse IDE for Java Developers (3.6)
sqlite-jdbc-3.7.2.jar
jdk1.6.0_22

Thanks in advance!

Shay

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic