• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Naming Exception: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: org.jnp.interfac

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I have started my jBoss server it runs without errors.
i have included the jms.jar in the eclipse and also set its path in the PATH and CLASSPATH variables.

I am trying to run the server program from my eclipse IDE, but getting the below exception:

Naming Exception: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory]

Can anyone please tell me what am i supposed to do to get rid of this exception?

Thanks,
Shilpa

shilpa gopinath
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I tried to create a new topic in the jBoss Admin console, but it gives the below error.

Failed to add Resource (see app server log for additional details): java.lang.RuntimeException:Failed to process template. -> java.lang.RuntimeException:java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\JBoss\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\topic\CounterTopic-service.xml (The system cannot find the path specified) -> java.io.FileNotFoundException:C:\JBoss\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\topic\CounterTopic-service.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)

I guess the problem is for Jndi name: topic\CounterTopic where COunterTopic is my topic name.
I am using windows 7 how should i set the jndi name path here?

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
See:
https://jira.jboss.org/browse/EMBJOPR-252
http://community.jboss.org/message/7992#7992

shilpa gopinath
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks, I got it resolved now.

I had not created a topic to map with my server program, hence the naming exception.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic