• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Is Webservice Broker pattern analogous to SessionFacade paired with Business Delegate?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello All,

Looking at the webservice broker pattern given, I thought it is analogous to sessionfacade paired with Business delegate. Can anybody confirm or guide me on that. I'm thinking that endpoint processor is analogous to SessionFacade and Webservice Broker is analogous to BusinessFacade.

Thanks
Rajani

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi!
Yes, I feel that the analogy is appropriate.
Note that it may be the case that the webservice broker does not perform dynamic lookup of the services it in turn invokes.
It may also be the case that this is not needed, since other mechanisms enable the services to transparently change location.
Best wishes!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
As Ivan said in the study guide about the Endpoint Processor -

Receives incoming request and, for instance in the case of the request being a SOAP request, processes the SOAP message to extract parameters etc.
Endpoint processors are usually part of the runtime system, as is the case with JAX-WS, but may optionally be custom written.

Meaning, its role is to physically process the SOAP message, while the Session Facade pattern defines a higher-level business component that contains and centralizes complex interactions between lower-level business components.

Regards,
Dan

Rajani Gummadi
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you all.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
they are similar to each other however Session Facade pattern have a tendency to operate between business objects in a business tier. On the other hand, Web Service Broker makes Business services available as web services in a Integration Tier.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic