• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

run .bat file from client machine of deployed web application on server machine

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I have web application deployed on the server machine, used simple servlets, in welcome i have divided the page in to frames.
In menu frame have 2 links,
1. Web Services Client
2. JMS Client

when i click on JMS client it open the page in the result frame its working fine.
when i click on the Web Services Client, am opening SOAP UI client from my client machine. the problem here is if i go to server machine and open my web application then it works fine. When i open same web application from client machine still its opening the SOAPUI client on server machine.
this is the code i have used for opening that SOAP UI tool :- Runtime.getRuntime().exec("D:/soapui-2.5/bin/soapui.bat")

Could you please suggest.

Thanks,
Gangadhar

Author and all-around good cowpoke
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Why did you expect it to run on the client?

The Runtime you are using is on the server machine, right? It can only run stuff on the server machine.

Bill

Methari Gangadhar
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi William,

let us take simple example. some commercial sites like MusicMaaza.com will paly the audio songs, when we select any movie and play the songs that time it open the player at local machine even though server is running at some other place. the similar functionality i want to implement.

When my server is up and running i want to open the browser from client to connect that application, when i click on WebServices Client that time i have given run to .bat file of SOAP UI tool, it open a window and client needs to execute his test cases. i have deployed the application in the local machine and installed SOAP UI on my local machine then it works fine, when i deploy the same application on the server machine(windows) and installed SOAP UI at Server also, then this time when i open link from client the SOAP UI tool open at server side.

Thanks,
Gangadhar

Rancher
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I believe that SoapUI is also available as a WebStart (JNLP) application which would give you the functionality you would like ie to open SoapUI on the client machine, with the benefit that with JNLP they don't need to have the application already installed and in a known location. JNLP manages those details for you.

eg http://www.soapui.org/jnlp/2.5.1/soapui.jnlp

David O'Meara
Rancher
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Methari Gangadhar wrote:let us take simple example. some commercial sites like MusicMaaza.com will paly the audio songs, when we select any movie and play the songs that time it open the player at local machine even though server is running at some other place. the similar functionality i want to implement.

this is typically managed as either a browser plugin, or client side mime types, although to be fair if you're already having problems at this stage you may want to do some research and reading on these things first.

A browser plugin is a specific application which the client must first register with the browser (such as flash, java and movie players) and when the browser sees content of that type, it allows the application to take over that part of the web display page in order to take care of the content. Client side mime types is slightly different, but still requires an application that is able to manage the content type to be installed on the client. when the browser is sent content that it does not understand eg video/ogg or application/vnd.sun.xml.writer it can ask if there is a program available to manage that content type.

Methari Gangadhar
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi David,

Thanks for your Suggestion, JNLP is working fine but very First time when i click on the link it took around 3 min to download JNLP, after that every click its showing download icon but it automatically closes that one and it SOAP UI is opens in couple of seconds.

Regarding my example(like Music sites), your are right browser should support the MIME type then only it opens, Thanks for giving valuable suggestion.

Thanks,
Gangadhar

Methari Gangadhar
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

when i opening that link from locale as India its working fine, when we deployed the same application At Burlington, Paris. that time its not opening the soapui, its asking for save, open and cancel the very first time i have clicked on save button, next time onwards i am clicking open, but its not opening any thing.
any help in this regard appreciated.

Thanks,
Gangadhar

Poop goes in a willow feeder. Wipe with this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic