• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Modifying JBOSS twiddle code

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello to everyone! I've got a problem: I need to make some modifications in the jboss twiddle code, but I can't find the twiddle project source code ready for building. when using a java decompiler and making new project in eclipse. exporting it as .jar file does not solve the solution. changing twiddle.jar in jboss as bin folder with the newly build one threw an error. For some reason it cant find the RMIadaptor (it threw the CASTException) in this line

It is a pitty, but the (RMIAdaptor) cast expression doesn't help. any tips?
Thank in advance!

author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The twiddle source code can be found in the JBoss AS 6.0 source download at console/src/main/java/org/jboss/console/twiddle
In other versions it is also in the console directory, though the exact subdirectories vary.

Aliaksei Stasheuski
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you. Peter! But I've still got some problems. well. I've downloaded the jboss 5.1 source code and made some modifications in the twiddle Getcommand class. now I just want to build the console part of the source code. I use the build.bat for this. My environment variables (like JAVA_HOME and PATH) are set to the jdk folder and jdk\bin folder respectively. but the Java compiler still produces come errors. Here is the content of the build.log file:

Thank in advance!

Peter Johnson
author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You cannot just build console. You need to first go into the build directory and run build.bat there. The first build will take a while, but after that builds will go quicker since only changes are recompiled. You might even be able to do the build within the console directory. But the full app server has to be built first - the errors you are getting is because the other parts of the app server that supply the JMX classes have not yet been built.

Aliaksei Stasheuski
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Peter. thank you for reply. but unfortunatelly nothing of this helps. I've tried to run the build.bat in the build folder first and it runs seccesfully. What concerns the console module, so I've found in the build.log the following:

but I still do not inderstand where this folder /qa/home/....... is. I know that the build script uses maven to build all in the proper way. and if memory serves me, the output of the maven compile process thould be in the output folder in the main maven directry, but there is nothing. where have I made a mistake?
Thank in advance!

Aliaksei Stasheuski
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
there are new problems(( As it have been found out the build.log I've recently produce reference to in my last post wasn't modifying while executing of build.bat. The build script doesn't make any modifications to it at all abd fails with the following error

as I think, The main phrase is the "Error building POM (may not be this project's POM)." but I ddn't change anything in the project architecture. All i've done is downloading the source code archive from the

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboss/files/JBoss/JBoss-5.1.0.GA/

and unpack it in the proper directory.
Thank in advance

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hmm it looks like that path is hardcoded or set in some properties file. Where did you get the source from? /qa/home/rrajasekaran is the location where the JBoss AS QA lead would have built the server.

Aliaksei Stasheuski
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Jaikiran, As I've just written in my last post, the strange path is now not the issue, cause it was from the build.log file, that doesn't want to update. and I just didn't see it earlier. Now the build script doesn't create the log fikle at all. The recent issue is that the build script throw the Error "Error building POM (may not be this project's POM".
Thank in advance!

You firghten me terribly. I would like to go home now. Here, take this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic