• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Almost two months since finishing my essay exam, still no message

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I still wait for the grading of my OCMJD exam. I took the essay exam at 6/9, and it almost two monthes......

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The only thing I can advice is to contact Oracle, use developer-submit_US@oracle.com

Chih-Ming Ho
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thank you Roel De Nijs , and you are a very nice person.

Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Chih-Ming Ho,

What is the status of your exam now? I'm just curious. I'm waiting for 7 weeks now and still no result.
Did you get a mail back from them?

Regards,
Dennis

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

They replied me as..

---
We wish to inform you that there has been a recent delay in the grading of assignments. This delay could add 3-4 weeks to the grading time. We apologize for this delay and are working diligently to shorten the wait time as much as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Oracle Certification Program
---

I am not sure if anybody has the same reply.

Thanks

Chih-Ming Ho
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi
I mailed to oracle several days ago and they replied me : We wish to inform you that there has been a recent delay in the grading of assignments. This delay could add 2-3 weeks to the grading time. We apologize for this delay and ...

Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This is I'm waiting for my result too. I think they want to anybody that ends up failing to go through the compulsory course and not just purchase the resubmission exam alone.

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think they receive a lot of submissions, because everybody wants to submit before they have to take the mandatory course

Greenhorn
Android Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I took exam May 27 and receive results August 13 (after almost 13 weeks Oo). So be patient

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Same here. It's been two months already and no grade. When I took the SCEA exam it didn't take as much. I guess they're overflooded with exams to grade

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
On my Pearson account my assignment & essay have statuses of 'Taken', is that what you all have? Should it not say something like 'Pending'?

Oladeji Oluwasayo
Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
My exam status on Pearson VUE is also 'Taken' so relax.

Cathal Mullan
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Cheers for the info. Doing this exam has been such a scene that I wouldn't be suprised if something else went wrong like them not getting round to marking my assignment

Oladeji Oluwasayo
Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
@Roel Honestly I agree with you on that but they should have anticipated and prepared for this by getting more hands.

Oladeji Oluwasayo
Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Actually, for me, I've gained the most important thing in the course of the exam; knowledge, and I've moved on to learning some other cool new technologies. What I'm just waiting for is the thingy to add to my CV (OCM looks pretty on a CV I guess). Then I get a well deserved pat on the back by my boss. But seriously for me, its all about knowledge.

Cathal Mullan
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It took me 3 months to do the assignment including revision, but took me around half a month sending & waiting on e-mails to & from Oracle about the exam, they kept changing things. Then when I took the essay the timer did not appear on the screen! So I'm worried that something else will go wrong now. I thought if I failed I'd get a chance to re-submit but if it's taking 13 weeks for people to get results I won't be able to as I'm not paying for the mandatory course

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
8 weeks of waiting here since taking the essay and still no reply from them...

Dennis Grimbergen
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Today I received an email from Oracle. (I did the essay exam on June 29th.)

Dear Dennis,

This email is to inform you that there has been a delay in grading assignments and essays. At this time, you may have been awaiting your results for more than four weeks. Please know that we are working diligently with the grading team to clear the backlog as quickly as possible. A bigger concern for you is probably the upcoming training requirement for your Java Master certification. We can assure you that should you receive a failing grade on your assignment, we will allow you time to resubmit and become certified should you pass, without completing the training requirement even if you receive your grade after the September 30 deadline. The exceptions outlined below will be allowed.

Candidate submits Assignment and Essay (and has completed any other required exams) by August 27, 2011 and receives a passing grade after September 30, 2011
This candidate will receive the certification without completing the training requirement

Candidate submits Assignment and Essay (and has completed any other required exams) by August 27, 2011 and receives a failing grade after September 30, 2011

This candidate will be given the opportunity to resubmit the assignment and essay within a prescribed time period. Should the candidate pass on the second attempt, he will receive the certification without completing the training requirement. Should he fail on the 2nd attempt, training will be required for certification based on subsequent attempts.

Thanks,
Oracle Certification Team

Oladeji Oluwasayo
Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
@Denis, thanks for that kind information.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What about if you submit during september and pass?? This seems awfully silly...

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

S. Thakker wrote:What about if you submit during september and pass??

I actually don't see the problem here. I believe it was said that you had to submit by August 27 to be guaranteed you could resubmit your assignment (if you fail) before October 1 (and thus not have to fulfill the mandatory course requirement). But due to the big amount of assignments they get, they can't handle the load and meet their deadline, so they are simply extending it.

If you submit in September and pass you'll get the certificate, so that's not a problem at all. If you submit in September and fail, then you'll need to follow one of the mandatory courses.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic