• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Using AQGridView for different sub-layouts of screen

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am looking to use AQGridView to layout a screen that has 3 different sub-layouts. The top part of the screen should be laid out in a 2x5 grid, with each cell being occupied by a different graphic. This I have successfully accomplished. The middle portion of the screen should be a single image that occupies the entire width of the screen, spanning across columns and of height 2 cells.

The bottom portion of the screen should be another grid layout with dimensions that may vary, but should fill up the remaining space. My question is, what's the best way to achieve this? Should I use 3 separate AQGridViews, one for each section, since the grid layouts are different, or can I fit the layout all in the same AQGridView? I have tried the latter approach, but I am having great difficulty in getting the image in the middle portion of the screen to properly span across cells. It is skewed to one side.

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Personally, I think it would be saner to break it apart into multiple views or multiple GridViews. Or wrapper GridViews. You could have an outer GridView with 1 row three columns. Then in each column have a GridView, the left being 2x5, the middle just a single view, sounds like it doesn't have to be a gridview, and the right however you need it.

Hope that helps.

Always try to go the easy route. If something is becoming difficult. stop and think there has got to be a better way and then go find it.

Mark

Femi Byte
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Mark Spritzler wrote:Personally, I think it would be saner to break it apart into multiple views or multiple GridViews. Or wrapper GridViews. You could have an outer GridView with 1 row three columns. Then in each column have a GridView, the left being 2x5, the middle just a single view, sounds like it doesn't have to be a gridview, and the right however you need it.

Hope that helps.

Always try to go the easy route. If something is becoming difficult. stop and think there has got to be a better way and then go find it.

Mark

Thanks, my sentiments exactly. I was thinking the same thing
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic