• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Exceeded assignment time limit. Still possible to pass SCEA?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
If you exceeded the 12 month (of 6 month after June 1) time limit for the assignment can you still pass the SCEA? Would one repurchase a new assignment? Submit the overdue assignment, fail, then get another assignment? Or is it impossible to continue the SCEA if one exceeds the time limit?

I was under the mistaken impression that there was no time-limit for the assignment (like the SCJD assignment).

Thanks,
Kimo

Ranch Hand
Mac OS X Fedora Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You can still pass the SCEA exam, however, note that if you exceed the deadline (1st of Oct) to complete part2 and part3, you will be obliged to undertake a course mandated by Oracle. This is why everybody, including myself, tries to complete this exam before the new course policy kicks in.

Kimo Kanaka Kanahele
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Just received a response from Oracle, if you passed the 6 month time limit of your assignment (it used to be 12 months) you have to purchase another assignment to complete for step 2.

Thought I'd just pass it on in case someone else finds themselves in the same boat. I just got too busy after I downloaded the assignment to complete it in time.

Cheers, Kimo

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic