• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

glassfish 3.1 and netbeans big bug

Ranch Hand
Android Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I have the following problem.
I create a server in NetBeans 7.0.1 - Glassfish. Everything is fine and I can start and stop the server. When I deploy the application it runs fine but I can not restart the server. Every time I do that I have to create a new domain via asadmin.bat and then remove Glassfish from Netbeans and create the new one.

Can onyone help? It is a BIG bug.

Lucas Smith
Ranch Hand
Android Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
That has already been reported elsewhere:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7363190/glassfish-not-starting-domain-with-netbeans

The solution is not to use non-english chars in the path where you hold your netbeans projects. Unfortunately there is a polish sign in my name (the windows account's name has that polish letter as well) and because of that the path to netbeans project (which was deployed in the glassfish - the path was added to domain.xml) contained that polish character. But netbeans uses ANSI character encoding and Glassfich - UTF-8. So Glassfish saw a bunch of crap in the place of that polish letter and was unable to parse domain.xml.

Once again:
The solution is not to use non-english chars in the path where you hold your netbeans projects

I hope that will save the day of the others. (My day was lost )

Cheers!

Lucas Smith
Ranch Hand
Android Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What is more, I want to say that there is a problem with embeddable container instantiation on Windows 7. It is all about UTF-8 coding. I had to use Windows XP to make it works properly.

Does anyone have a similar problem?
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic