• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Sending data between two webapps

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I have an GWT application working perfectly currently. Say it as "APP1".The context path of APP1 is /APP1. Now I am introducing a new link into that application. Clicking on the new link will call home page of another GWT application, say "APP2". The context path of APP2 was different form APP1. The context path of APP2 is /APP2.

Can any one help me how to access the web application that was resided in different context path and how to forward the some data to second web application? I'm thinking it can be just a html href link with request data appended in the url...any clue?

Thanks,

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ramu Nur wrote:I'm thinking it can be just a html href link with request data appended in the url.

That would be my guess, too. Web sites routinely include links to other web sites, after all. What happened when you tried it?

Ranch Hand
Spring Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You could try with <cross-context> in your web.xml to inform the web container this web application is ready to send request to other resources(web applications). For examples with explanations: (I've not tried out this way)

https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/creating-deployment-plans-for-web-applications.html
http://oreilly.com/java/archive/tomcat-tips.html

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I would make app1 send an HTTP request to app2 using a library like Jakart HTTP client.
If you use a GET meaning appending data to url you will be limited in the amount of data you can send,
you dont have this limitation with a POST that's why it's my preferred option.
I hope that will help

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic