• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How deploy my web service client to html ?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I have created a web service client using Eclipse and it is working fine. I have written a java code to access all the methods provided by the web service. Now, I would like to deploy my java code(web service client) to a html page. Is it even possible? Do you have any suggestion so I could share or deploy the web service client ?

Thanks
John

Bartender
Mac TypeScript Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It's the web service we deploy and register which enables various clients to access them across networks, but not the client. What's that you are trying to accomplish/solve by doing so?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi!
Assuming you developed your web service client in Java or some other language that runs on a JVM, then the program containing the web service client must be deployed on a computer that contains a JVM.
The most common is to deploy to a web container, such as Tomcat or GlassFish. Since you mention HTML, I assume your program is a web application that will produce HTML.
If your web service client is indeed a part of a web application, then it must be invoked by some part of the application, perhaps by a controller (C in the MVC pattern).
Best wishes!

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic