• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

cannot authentificate with ksoap2

Greenhorn
Android Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,
I am trying to authentificate to a SAP server with ksoap and i am stuck... it seems that it does not want to take into consideration my username and password. This is my code:

I receive this error:

The response is null, the androidHttpTransport.requestDump is null. What am I doing wrong, do you know? Thank you for your time...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi!
What kind of authentication does the web service expect?
There was recently a discussion on how to authenticate a kSoap2 client with a web service and the conclusion was that kSoap2 does not support WS-Security and it would take significant work to implement such support in a client. There is the option of basic security.
Have you managed using the web service using soapUI or some other, non-kSoap2, client?
Best wishes!

Gabriela Radu
Greenhorn
Android Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello
All i know is that there is a SAP webserver and not sure how to know what type of authentification it expects or how to know that. I found this link here and it might be using WS-Security.
Do you know another approach to connecting from Android to a SAP server?
I have tried using HttpClient and basic auth but that didn't work either.I kept getting the message that i am not authorized.

Thank you

Ivan Krizsan
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi!
Depending on the situation and the requirements, I would consider a mediator service that uses SOAP web service to communicate with the SAP server and, for instance, JSON to communicate with the mobile device.
Such a mediator service can easily be set up using existing integration frameworks/tools.
You should be able to tell from the WSDL of the SAP service whether it uses WS-Security or not. If it does, there probably are WS-Policy data in the WSDL.
Best wishes!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic