• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Need study material for SCDJWS

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I am planning to do SCDJWS certification. I have 2 years of work experience in the web services. The API that we are using in our project was JAX-RPC. I am very much interested in the webservices. Please let me know the sources for study material for SCDJWS.

Thanks in advance

Saloon Keeper
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Start here: https://coderanch.com/how-to/java/ScdjwsLinks

sreenivas vemula
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Tim Moores,
Thanks a lot for providing a good source to have a nice foundation for preparing SCDJWS.

sreenivas vemula
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have a question here.
May I know whether the companies are really looking for the software professionals who have completed this certification and what is the advantage of doing this certification apart from our interest towards the web services.
Thanks in Advance.

• Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Sreenivas,

Have you completed the exam? can you or anyone help me in finding a proper book for this exam?

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Fedora Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

sreenivas vemula wrote:I have a question here.
May I know whether the companies are really looking for the software professionals who have completed this certification and what is the advantage of doing this certification apart from our interest towards the web services.
Thanks in Advance.

Being certified or not is not going to get you more money or put you in front line of other candidates. Being certified will help you feel good about your knowledge. That's about it.

Companies, at least on-shore, look for knowledge and experience. On-shore companies already have trusted Java developers on staff who will not ask you anything about Java that is on the test. What they want to hear from you is what value you deliver to companies. Such as, what program did you write? What value did it provide the company? For example, decreased customer service response time by 50 percent. There are tons of Java developers available, many looking for work for months. Some very experienced developers lucky to find a decent rate about $20 per hour.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic