• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Cerificates and Keys : Java Keystore

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I have a rather URGENT problem.

Need help.

I am running a Sun IDM system, and it requires an SSL certificate.

The server, naturally, is Tomcat.

The certificate and private key are external. So now, I need to import them into Java's default keystore

Unfortunately, it's not working out.

I was able to import the certificate itself, using "Keytool" command.

When I tried to import the Key, I got the error : input not an X.509 certificate

So, I tried another way : I combined BOTH the certificate and key into a PFX file. And tried to import this.

Still, the same error (((((

From Google searches, it doesnt seem to be possible to import a Key into a keystore (?)

But, what then can I do?

Any help wil be greatly appreciated, thanks

Sheriff
Eclipse IDE Spring VI Editor Chrome Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to the Ranch!

Pyro Crane wrote:I have a rather URGENT problem.

That may be, but we would still like you to EaseUp. There is no such thing as urgent around here.

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There's urgent and there's free, and you get what you pay for.

But the best way to get an answer faster is to obey what few forum rules we're insistent on, like using your real name.

Pyro Crane
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
WOW !!

First of all : what kind of forum is THIS ???

Your other colleague (i forget his name) had already sent me one private message about NAMES.

For now, I won't waste my time going into how utterly RIDICULOUS that rule is --- demanding that people use "real" names, as if there's a difference between calling myself "Bill Clinton" and "Biker Mice" on this or any other forum.

I'll ignore that for now.

But, seriously, do you clowns always bite people's head off in this manner?? I asked a SIMPLE question! If the answer is available, good! If not, then I wasn't expecting ANY replies. There are millions of other forums where I can ask any questions, and not have to worry about "saloon keepers" with ramrods up their asses !!!

WTF ))))))

Tim Holloway
Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Actually, the one rule we're even more hard-nosed about than using your real name is Be Nice.

The reason we have the rule about using real names is in large part because we've found that people are more likely to Be Nice when they're not hiding behind an alias.

There is no shortage of places where you can go on the Internet, use an alias and people (many with aliases of their own) will cheerfully flame your off.

That's not us - as our motto proclaims. Despite the cutesy titles and the moth-eaten moose, we are a community of (alleged) professionals, and we merely ask a few professional courtesies.

I'm sorry if you felt that we're injuring you, but that was not the intent, nor are you the target of a personal attack here. I merely wished to point out that the reason for the deafening silence in response to your question was because you needed to conform to one of the few simple rules we employ to keep things civilized here. If you are in need of an urgent response, you don't speed things up by debating the issue.

We're a bad resource for Urgent Responses, though. Since we're all unpaid here, we check in when it's convenient, not 24x7, although there are Ranchers all around the globe. Answers typically take a day or 2 to come back, providing that A) someone knows the answer, B) the person asking isn't using an obvious alias, and C) Dang it! I forgot what C was. Never mind. I think it was the that the person responding was awake and sober, but I wouldn't count on that.

Anyway, no further debate. We want to be the friendly place, but even friendly places have to have a few rules, alas. I hope you can recover from your initial bad impression. We really do have a lot to offer.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic