• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

cannot connect to the internet through yamba app

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello everyone,

I am facing a peculiar issue when connecting to the internet through the emulator. I am using r19 development tools and emulator as 2.2. I am working on the yamba app from learning android book. This app connects to the internet for the website yamba.marakana.com. The problem is , through the emulator i am able to to connect to the internet and visit websites such as google and the site mentioned above. However through my application, it gives me a UnknownHostException saying host is unresolved at yamba.marakana.com/api:80.

I have added the permissions for Internet in manifest as well. Attached is the manifest file. Let me know if anything additional is required to be done.

Thanks in advance

ps : brought to my notice about cross posting. Hence, I have already asked this on stack overflow and my awaiting a reply.
ps : any other etiquette i should know about ?

clojure forum advocate
Mac Objective C Clojure
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Sadanand and welcome to the Ranch!
Would you please BeForthrightWhenCrossPostingToOtherSites ?
Thank you.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
For the benefit of other learners, this error is most likely caused by a bug in the emulator software. Restart the emulator and try to connect to the api again.

Look towards the top of the emulator screen and check that the emulator has network connectivity.

If the emulator does not have connectivity, UnknownHostException appears to be thrown.

Don't count your weasels before they've popped. And now for a mulberry bush related tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic