• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Global Configuration

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I want to set my forum up so I can have it on my website. What do I need to do? I can make it run on a localhost:8080 but i want to run it on my website. Can someone give me some instructions please? I would be very grateful.
[originally posted on jforum.net by Merlingoth]

Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What exactly do you mean by "Run it on my website"? Do you mean that you want to integrate your webapp engine (e.g. TomCat, JBoss, etc) with your web server software (e.g. Apache HTTPD, IIS, etc)?

Or do you mean how can I get the localhost:8080 to respond to www.my.domain at port 80?

Some more details are needed here.
[originally posted on jforum.net by monroe]

Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
All right you have to understand I'm a total noob at anything in Java, Tomcat, etc. I have a website and I want the JForum forums on my website. Basically, I want to run JForums globally instead of locally.

I hope this helps..

[originally posted on jforum.net by Merlingoth]

Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You have a website. Now the first step is to find out, what "engine" - that is what webserver is hosted on the webserver.

Most common webserver (especially on "free hoster" webserver) is apache - therefore you mainly may be able to run applications that are written in the php language.

For running jforum your webserver requires some webserver like jboss, tomcat, jrun, ... the most common there for java engines may be tomcat. But there is like almost no free webhoster providing access to server like these.

If you wish to configure your application to run on a certain domain/port, you can use the systemglobals.conf in the end, once you know that the server can interprete java

Aside that, you do not have to understand java nor tomcat ;) Only know if the required server is installed on the webserver :-)

If you cant find out manually .. write an email to your hoster and ask.
[originally posted on jforum.net by Sid]

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic