• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SSO Anonymous User Posting problem

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I wrote my own SSO impl which ties into Atlassian Crowd. The SSO part works: when I'm logged into crowd, and hit the forum it auto logs me in or registers me as needed. I can post and use the forum normally.

However, if I hit the forum without being logged in to crowd, and I click the "new topic" button, instead of getting directed to the login screen of Crowd as I'd expect, I am allowed to enter a new topic, however when I submit it I get the following error:

Caused by: net.jforum.exceptions.DatabaseException: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: value too long for type character varying(15)

Do I need to do anything special to ensure that anonymous users are sent to the crowd login page before they can try to post?

note: I do have anonymous posting turned off. When I am not using my new SSO class, anonymous users are correctly sent to the JForum login page when they attempt to post.

Ideas?

[originally posted on jforum.net by devon]

Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I seem to remember that the templates make use of a lot of hard coded user id numbers to deal with anonymous users, e.g., if ( User.id == 1 ) type of logic. This might be part of the problem.
[originally posted on jforum.net by monroe]

Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Did you set the sso.redirect property in the SystemGlobals.property file? I suppose, it would solve your problem.
[originally posted on jforum.net by August]

Skool. Stay in. Smartness. Tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic