• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Need to do SCWCD certification within a week

Greenhorn
MyEclipse IDE Ubuntu Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I got an instruction that I have to do my SCWCD certification by next saturday. Is it possible for me to make my preparation within a period of week.?
If so, Can anyone please suggest me on how to start and where to start my preparation? And please share me some materials please...

Bartender
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ram Selvam wrote: Hi all,

I got an instruction that I have to do my SCWCD certification by next saturday. Is it possible for me to make my preparation within a period of week.?
If so, Can anyone please suggest me on how to start and where to start my preparation? And please share me some materials please...

Welcome to CodeRanch!

Well, I would suggest to get in touch with whoever gave you that instruction and understand why such low deadline is set.

Secondly, how comfortable are you with Servlets/JSPs? If you are very comfortable, and simply need the exam orientation, then it is possible to do it within a week (if you study full time).

But if you are not aware of what Servlets/JSPs are, and how they work, then forget it - I mean it is possible to do that, but extremely difficult and highly improbable. Just ask yourself this question - can you digest a book of 700 pages, understand (almost) everything and be ready to apply those learning within a week? That is the answer to your original question.

I hope this helps.

Ranch Hand
Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey this demand was insane! How did it go? How did it even arise? Did you go through the objectives before you asked the question?

Enthuware Software Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Just take any mock exam (free or commercial) and see how you score. Even before the score, you will realize your comfort level with the questions. That will tell you where you stand and whether it is possible for you to do it in a week.
I have seen several people here on JavaRanch who took the exam after practicing a week or so with the mock exams but they were already experienced in the technology.

HTH,
Paul.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic