• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

eclipse Step-Filtering

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Hi All,

I use eclipse for a API development project. As usual, I added the API libraries as jars into my (Java Build Path->Libraries).

The problem is that when I start runnung the application in debug mode, it stops on a thread which refers to the API code with 2 symptoms :

1- It says "Source not found" in the Class File Editor and expects me to "Attach Source".
2- It shows a Thread Suspended in the Debug Window with a NullPointerException

In order to get rid of the first issue, I added the API packages in the Preferences->Java->Debug->Step Filtering step. This didn't work !

In order to adress it over the exception, I disabled "Suspend execution on uncaught exceptions" parameter. This didn't work either !

Any ideas how one can resolve this issue ?

Cheers,

Ulvi

author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Do you gave the source files for the JARs? If so, go to Java Build Path | Libraries, expand the JAR and there will be a source file attachment entry. Click on that and browse to the source file(s).

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic