• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Struts2 Vs Stripes fair comparison

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Authors,

Can you please take a look at this and offer your comments?
I know that majority of what is written there is based on Struts1.

If I were to pick a Model2 framework , I think I would pick stripes - just seems clean , simple and cool. But I would like to know how Stripes compares with Struts2 though.

Well, it's a different matter altogether that Apache Wicket remains my personal favorite.

thanks!
Karthik

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Actually, Tim, the author of Stripes, provided key feedback during the early design stages of Struts 2 and XWork, the core bit of Struts 2, contains code borrowed from Stripes. I've personally found Stripes to be a great example of a framework that fulfills a certain vision of an action-based MVC framework, so while Struts 2 has more features and I'd argue more flexibility, Stripes is more consistent to its vision and has attracted a deservedly passionate following. And I do agree - if a server-side component framework is what you want, hard to get much better than Wicket.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Karthik Guru wrote:But I would like to know how Stripes compares with Struts2 though.

Here you go : Stripes vs. Struts2

And if I'm not mistaken Struts2 still doesn't have a simple way like this to have two different events for the same action. I've also lost the link to the workaround in the Struts2 documentation using a boolean for each event name, then testing for which boolean is set to true before invoking the correct method.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic