• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Did not get OCPJP certificate yet

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

Not sure this is right thread To ask this question. Actually Today I am putting my first query on JavaRanch.
I took OCPJP exam today at Prometric Center . They did not give me any certificate But asked to create profile on PearsonVue.com
I did that and in bout 6 hours I received mail from PearsonVue providing my account userId/PAssword.
There I logged in with given information But I could not see anything in My Exam Histroy.. It simply says You hav not taken any exam so far..

Could Anyone suggest me If that's right? Do they take time to update my certification details there? Do I need to worry or wait?

Thanks

Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Fedora Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

manoj bharal wrote:Hi

Not sure this is right thread To ask this question. Actually Today I am putting my first query on JavaRanch.
I took OCPJP exam today at Prometric Center . They did not give me any certificate But asked to create profile on PearsonVue.com
I did that and in bout 6 hours I received mail from PearsonVue providing my account userId/PAssword.
There I logged in with given information But I could not see anything in My Exam Histroy.. It simply says You hav not taken any exam so far..

Could Anyone suggest me If that's right? Do they take time to update my certification details there? Do I need to worry or wait?

Thanks

how come you gave test at Prometric Center. according to me Pearson people manages the certifications. and don't you have to create account on Pearsonvue.com before giving test ? i gave test through my company so i do not know the normal procedure. but in my case i had to create Pearson account first , got my user-id and password and then used the same credentials to login to the site on my test day and gave the test.

Ranch Hand
Firefox Browser C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Gurpeet is right, Prometric does not even handle Oracle certifications...you won't find the choice for Oracle on www.2test.com.

I suppose they are shifting details onto your account slowly? You should contact them to confirm!

If it took 6 hours for them to transfer account details to you, I would say the account was made 6-7 hours earlier. PearsonVue does not allow account access immediately, it takes a while.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

manoj bharal wrote: Do they take time to update my certification details there? Do I need to worry or wait?

In my case, i had given an exam and after 6-7 hours when i had checked my PearsonVUE account, i had got all the details about my exam.

How have i schedule My exam??:
First, I have created my PearsonVUE account.
Go to the Pearson Test Center to schedule the exam.
Give the information about me, my already created account, paid the fees and schedule exam on my selected date and time.

Notes:
Whenever you want to schedule an exam, either you can create account at http://www.pearsonvue.com (as in my case) or the test center representative can create.
When exam has been scheduled, you will get Confirmation email from PearsonVUE.

Do not need to worry about it, just go to the test center and ask about it, they will definitely help you.
Related to OCPJP certificate, it will not be given by Test center. It will be came from Oracle University and after around 2-4 weeks.

manoj bharal
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think It's amazing ,I had not expected so many replies in such a quick succession .

Just to tell you What happened in my case :

1. I called up at NIIT prometric center and scheduled my exam.. No registration ,no PerasonAvu ,Oraclecert etc...
2. While I started my exam Got an email having details from PearsonVue.com . Details were about fee , candidate ID etc..
3. After exam completion Exam conductor told me to create a profile on PEarsonVue.com to get your score card and all details..
4. I did that
5. After around 4-5 hours received a mail from PearsonVue.com having my credential to login .
6. After login I saw , In exam histroy --It is saying :"You have not taken previously any exam".

According to me My exam information and status should have been uploaded and updated their while my profile would have been created .

SO My question is : Does it happen like that? Does it take time to update the details there ? I mean right now I have no authentic document to prove that I have taken and passed OCPJP exam.

Oracle will take care of sending certificate kit etc But Till then I just wanted to have at least a soft copy . And my bigger worry is If something wrong went in profile updation etc As I learnt from a number of forums that people keep on facing one or other type of problems which fall in almost same category

Thanks -- Manoj

Bartender
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello manoj bharal,

Welcome to CodeRanch!

manoj bharal wrote:1. I called up at NIIT prometric center and scheduled my exam.. No registration ,no PerasonAvu ,Oraclecert etc...

Well, since NIIT has both - Prometric and PearsonVUE centers (and most of the time, they are in same building etc.), lot of people get confused that whether they are giving exam at Prometric center or PearsonVUE center. Anyway, it seems that you've given exam at PearsonVUE only.

manoj bharal wrote:SO My question is : Does it happen like that? Does it take time to update the details there ?

PearsonVUE people can answer this in the best way than anybody else. Meanwhile, you can check your Oracle CertView profile. My experience is that exam history is updated at Oracle CertView first, and then at PearsonVUE profile.

manoj bharal wrote:I mean right now I have no authentic document to prove that I have taken and passed OCPJP exam.

Why? Didn't you get a marksheet? You should get a paper containing details like exam name, your name, candidate id, your score, pass/fail, exam center's code and so on. And you should preserve that sheet at least till you get hard-copy of certificate. If you haven't got that paper yet, then it is a serious issue and you should get back to exam center ASAP.
By that way, that sheet is the only proof of your score. Certificate does not contain score.

I hope this helps.

manoj bharal
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I did not get mark sheet there As they told me to get it from PearsonVue.com and refused to provide any document there

Would center be able to retrieve my score report ? I need to contact them .Could not contact today As no one picked up phone

I don't see my information on certView.Oracle either. But they say You should give oracle 48 hours to upload that . 48 hours will complete tomorrow.

Any other suggestion?

I think I'll just lie down here for a second. And ponder this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic