• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

OCPJP SE7 and SCJP 6(310-065) Difference? What to take?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

Greetings. I have an interest to certify myself as aJava professional. Since i am new in this , i have some queries regarding:

1) what is the difference between the SCJP6(310-065) and the OCPJP SE 7 ?

2) For clearing the OCPJP SE 7 , is it mandatory to first clear the OCA (1Z0-803) ? The Certification path shows this as one of the steps to get the 1Z0-804. Please provide some info regarding this.

3) I am in India .Does NIIT prove as a good training centre for these certifications?

4) What are the books that i must read through in order to crack the certification -1Z0-804. My objective is to become a OCPJP -Professional.

5) People who have got the certificate for the OCPJP - please guide me on the books and mock tests and steps that i must follow to crack this successfully with a high percentage.

Thanks in Advance for your hep and suggestions!!

Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Fedora Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
the difference between scjp 6 and ocpjp 7 is in the version of java. both are programmer exam but the first exam i.e. scjp/ocpjp 6(1Z0-851) targets java 1.6. whereas the second exam ocpjp 7 is for java 7. both are programmer exam but they are different in respect to objectives and also if you go for latest version it would be more good.

to achieve ocpjp 7 you have 2 options

OPTION 1 : you need to pass OCAJ 7 associate exam and then only you can appear for OCPJP 7 exam

OPTION 2 : anybody who has SCJP/OCPJP certification(any version) can appear for upgrade exam for OCPJP 7.

both options has its pros and cons. you decide for yourself which will be the best for you

SCJP study guide by kathy seirra and bert bates targets SCJP/OCPJP 6. there is also latest version of book by the same authors for OCPJP 7 but i'm afraid it is not yet published. might be availabe somewhere around feb 2013. you need to check amazon for that.

regarding NIIT i can't help you there.

people have cleared ocpjp 7 with using SCJP study guide for java 6 and covering extra/new topics here and there from internet and here on javaranch.

Please check certification result forum for more details regarding exam preparation and methodology.

Mckenzie John
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the enlightenment...

Have you cleared OCPJP7 ? In that case, which option did you take up among the ones you have listed. Which 1 would be easier as per your views.

can you please let me know how to pursue and clear OCA in case i opt for the option 1. Kindly let me know of any materials or mock test links which can sharpen my ability to crack OCA and consequently OCPJP7.

Ranch Hand
Firefox Browser Windows XP Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

gurpeet singh wrote:the difference between scjp 6 and ocpjp 7 is in the version of java. both are programmer exam but the first exam i.e. scjp/ocpjp 6(1Z0-851) targets java 1.6. whereas the second exam ocpjp 7 is for java 7. both are programmer exam but they are different in respect to objectives and also if you go for latest version it would be more good.

to achieve ocpjp 7 you have 2 options

OPTION 1 : you need to pass OCAJ 7 associate exam and then only you can appear for OCPJP 7 exam

OPTION 2 : anybody who has SCJP/OCPJP certification(any version) can appear for upgrade exam for OCPJP 7.

both options has its pros and cons. you decide for yourself which will be the best for you

SCJP study guide by kathy seirra and bert bates targets SCJP/OCPJP 6. there is also latest version of book by the same authors for OCPJP 7 but i'm afraid it is not yet published. might be availabe somewhere around feb 2013. you need to check amazon for that.

regarding NIIT i can't help you there.

people have cleared ocpjp 7 with using SCJP study guide for java 6 and covering extra/new topics here and there from internet and here on javaranch.

Please check certification result forum for more details regarding exam preparation and methodology.

Nice.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic