• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

odbc.ini not found.how to create mine?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi all,
Im using Oracle linux 6.3..where there is no sort of odbc.ini or sys.odbc.ini to set up our own DSN(neither the default DSN).I want to use my type-1 odbc driver for making a java program to contact with my oracle 11g Express edition instance.Tired of many ways to set up DSN in linux on internet,but all went in wain(Because all of them teach me to edit odbc.ini file,which was not present).
You can recommend using unix odbc package,but why should I have to install it as type1 odbc driver requires no additional software?.please help me to set up my own DSN file.Thank You.
-raghu

Sheriff
Netbeans IDE Oracle Firefox Browser
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I think you're a bit mistaken. The type 1 driver does require an ODBC driver manager, and (as far as I know) there is no ODBC driver bundled with unix distributions. In any case, you should avoid the type 1 driver whenever possible.

The type 4 driver is the one which does not need any other software to run. Get the type 4 driver for Oracle (see our Oracle FAQ page for download links).
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic