• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

problem [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@26355060 when run tomcat 6

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am running some servlet code in tomcat 6 via Eclipse.

In the log I see:

INFO: Server startup in 198 ms
problem [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@26355060
Oct 13, 2012 6:54:47 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

Does @26355060 mean anything? Can I use that?

I can access the application via a jsp page and everything seems to work fine. But I am puzzled by the "problem [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@26355060" error and wondering what to do about it???

I am running a 64 bit operating system and 64 bit Java but tomcat-6 is 32 bit. Would that cause this problem?

I ma looking at the Java api Class StackTraceElement docs but that doesn't seem to help.

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
"[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@26355060 " is the signature and identify of an object. The object is an array of java.lang.StackTraceElement's and its internal JVM object ID is 26355060 (which is mostly useless for you other than to distinguish it for any other possible arrays of StackTraceElements you might encounter).

This looks like an app did a System.out.println in the attempt to display a stack trace for an exception instead of using the exception's own printStackTrace method. Unfortunately, since the app did a brute-force print instead of using a logger, it's going the be a "treasure hunt" to find which app it was and where in the app it was done.

Angus Comber
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Tim Holloway wrote:"[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@26355060 " is the signature and identify of an object. The object is an array of java.lang.StackTraceElement's and its internal JVM object ID is 26355060 (which is mostly useless for you other than to distinguish it for any other possible arrays of StackTraceElements you might encounter).

This looks like an app did a System.out.println in the attempt to display a stack trace for an exception instead of using the exception's own printStackTrace method. Unfortunately, since the app did a brute-force print instead of using a logger, it's going the be a "treasure hunt" to find which app it was and where in the app it was done.

Ah I wonder what idiot would have done that ;)

Thanks Tim, I will have a look at the code - looks quite likely the culprit.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic