• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Help in understanding this invalid path

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
(I'm completely new to Struts 1.) I've added my jsps and classes to the project, and modified the struts-config as follows:

but when I open the page I get

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor processMapping Invalid path /providerInquiry was requested

while identical links to other pages in the same place work OK. And my struts-config entry is copied from others that work OK and all the files are in the same places.

It occurred to me to wonder if the jsp were not compiling. (The jsp uses some generics but I added the jdkSourceLevel="15" attribute to the xmi file to handle that.) This doesn't seem like the error I would get in such a case, but is there a way, through the jsp lifecycle, I can confirm it actually is compiling?

I also wondered if there is something wrong with my action class. But it's a copy of one that works fine. Is there anything I should check about that code?

The WebSphere server is 6.1, RAD is 7.something, and every other build done on this machine runs fine, so it's not that we're targeting the wrong version. What else can I check here?

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic