• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Lost Sessions on Clustering

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I tried to deploy a project on a Glassfish 3.1.2.2 Cluster for several weeks now, but have some replication issues.

I have a Glassfish cluster of 2 nodes with 2 instances each.
Now I want to deploy an Application, but apparently the Session is not handled the right way. Using a simple JSP Page just showing session information for testing session replication everything seems fine.
Using our JSF 2.0 / Primefaces GUI the session sometimes replicates the right way, sometimes the server creates a new Session. This even happens staying on the same cluster-instance…

Unfortunately this is not replicable..

The server-logs do not really help a lot..

I brought the problem down to a simple application containing the informations from the simple JSP page to see if the session is newly created, but using JSF 2.0 now.
The problem is still the same, although it seems to be more replicable. Staying an the same instance is keeping the session. Changing the instance sill keeps the session but the first action on the new instance creates a new session. Reason seems to be "session expired" although session timeout is configured to 30 min.

Does anyone have an idea where to go on??

Here is the example code if it will help:

High Plains Drifter
Netbeans IDE VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This problem is almost certainly a deployment/configuration issue, not a code issue. Even if the log responses don't appear helpful, making them apparent is better than not.

Could you show us how your cluster is configured? The deployment descriptors, if any, would also help.

Jacob Jonson
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi.
Thank you for response.
I am not sure if you mean the domain.xml or only the web.xml..

This is the web.xml:

I tried to put the domain.xml as attachment - but it does not seem to work - so here is the (long) code...

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic