• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Sharing/Liking on Facebook gives money?

Ranch Hand
Oracle Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I have seen many times on Facebook that people share the picture of "some person/child suffering from cancer(or some other disease)" saying that if you share/like this picture Facebook will give/donate 1 $ for each share/like to patient for cure. I never believed on such messages and don't share/like these pictures. But I have seen many times that even person working with big IT organization share such things in the hope that the patient will get some money from Facebook.
Now I am wondering how many of you think that Facebook gives money to patient on sharing/liking such stuff and how many of you ever shared such stuff.

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE jQuery Eclipse IDE Postgres Database Tomcat Server Chrome Google App Engine
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The whole point of that kind of approach would be either to promote their page or just to troll.

Rancher
  • Likes 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
That just proves that the average employee working at a "big IT organization" isn't smarter than the population at large.

Ranch Hand
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The hopeful ones always share/like such pictures ...

I don't think anybody really gives a serious look or even the read the message inherent with such pictures

Rancher
Mac OS X VI Editor Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Manoj Kumar Jain wrote:Facebook will give/donate 1 $ for each share/like to patient for cure.

You can be sure that Facebook will never give $1 or even $0.01 in real money for a share. That is not their business model.

lowercase baba
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If Bill Gates will give me money for forwarding an email, why wouldn't facebook give me money for 'liking' something?

Bartender
Mac OS X Linux Windows
  • Likes 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It's a scam. Basically, when you "like" a page, you give the owner of that page access to your account. Once they accumulate enough likes, the owners sell the account to spammers who bombard the "likers" with advertising.

Bartender
Firefox Browser Fedora Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ulf Dittmer wrote:That just proves that the average employee working at a "big IT organization" isn't smarter than the population at large.

Some time back, an employee from a reputable IT firm was asked a question in a quiz. "What site is not displayed on Google home page links?" It had 4 options to choose from.
This guy was not sure and called up his friend who happened to work in the same IT company at a higher post. Both discussed the question and concluded that it is Youtube when the correct answer was Facebook.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ulf Dittmer wrote:That just proves that the average employee working at a "big IT organization" isn't smarter than the population at large.

Which probably explains why apps fail.

David Blaine
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Amit Ghorpade wrote:

Some time back, an employee from a reputable IT firm was asked a question in a quiz. "What site is not displayed on Google home page links?" It had 4 options to choose from.
This guy was not sure and called up his friend who happened to work in the same IT company at a higher post. Both discussed the question and concluded that it is Youtube when the correct answer was Facebook.

What !!!
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic