• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

deployment diagram

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have a question regarding deployment diagram.How important is the hard ware profile?I have given j2ee appserver and webserver and jms queues.But is it important that i mention mimimum system requirement.
Also should i suggest a cloud computing architecture.

In compoent digram other than mentioned a]bout the main components and interaction of components.Is there anything i need to focus on

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Showing that you have done some research to find out your application loads and therefore mentioning the minimum required requirements is a good thing. Remember though that the golden rule for the exam is to justify each choice so if you decide on a server you should indicate why you chose it over others.
You can suggest cloud deployment but (again) as with everything, justify it, and not just with general cloud vs non cloud reasons, but reasons specific to your scenario. Sometimes the (generally) best approaches can't be chosen for a project because of the nuances and specifics of the scenario. The exam is about testing that you can chose the closest applicable solutions and are able to justify why you didn't chose other solutions which another person might have chosen. The perfect solution for the assignment justifies every decision by mentioning at least two other alternatives and why they were not chosen over the one you chose.

For the component diagram, you can indicate other components that you didn't model in your class diagrams (e.g security pages, auditing modules, JAAS modules) . Some of these you may have mentioned (but not modeled) as packages in your class diagram. Remember to mark the integration strategies between your components if they are in different layers in your assembly connectors.

guru prasanth
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the reply.I have one more doubt.In component daigram i have different layers. say business layer, service layer,etc.can a component in business layer talk to another component in business layer.
Or is there a rule which says components in layers should't talk to each other.The other doubt i have is i have a module which would consists of timers and mdb.The module does't depend on any UI component
It would deal only with the time interval and the message that comes from mdb.Should this come under business layer or integration layer,

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

Components in one layer must talk to the components in immediately adjacent layers only.

MDB is an integration tier component.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic