• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How should I respond to this recruiter

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello All,

I have appeared for an interview recently [ about a month ago ]. I have been asked to write a program that would display contents from a table-kind of format in a file supporting SQL constructs like SELET/FROM/WHERE etc. I was able to do that. The person who was with me back then was a developer and he validated it and said that it was fine.

Now I waited for a week or so and have dropped a mail to the recruiter asking feedback. She said that she would get back to me. When I asked her about the result again, she dropped me a "feedback" mail [ which is your general corporate template that says " we appreciate your interest..but the princess is in another castle" ]. Now, I was really puzzled with that. I honestly was looking forward for the next round. I never expected this. I contacted her again asking if she could actually share details as to why I was rejected, she has replied saying that she would get in touch with the guy who was with me at round1 and would get back to me.

In order to attend round 1, I had to bunk my office which was at the other end of the city and had to travel to their company when it was raining heavily..took the first round with me half-drenched and virtually shivering because of the extreme air conditioning at their company. So, I thought I should at least get some reasonable feedback rather than just a sample template.

How should I proceed now?. I know I won't be getting the opportunity, but should not a HR be more sensible?. My instinct tells me to drop a mail saying that their organisation needs process improvement...but wanted to seek your opinion..please suggest.

Thanks,
Pavan.

Bartender
Android Google Web Toolkit Mac Eclipse IDE Ubuntu Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Two word: Forget it!

Don't get me started on the HR professionalism. I have always wished to tell them "The ability to read and write does not make you intelligent" (Yeah saw Star Wars yesterday )
You attended an interview. Didn't make it. End of story.
Frankly speaking I am surprised you even bothered after the first week, forget month.

In order to attend round 1, I had to bunk my office which was at the other end of the city and had to travel to their company when it was raining heavily..took the first round with me half-drenched and virtually shivering the extreme air conditioning at their company. So, I thought I should atleast get some reasonable feedback rather than just a sample template.

I fail to see the logic in this. It is as good as saying, my car broke down, I used the bus full of people, at the height of summer but still interviewed you. Now take a 30% pay cut.

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There may be other factors which caused not to shortlist you. Like cost, eligibility etc. In the current market conditions there are people really better than us in terms of skill, qualification, no.of years of experience. They might have found another person with more experience than you and ready to work for less than your salary. So my advice is, just ignore it. Not only this, after every interview you do just forget about it and try for another interview until you hit the ball.

As for the HRs and recruiters, they're not good or not bad, they're just what they are. If they think you can earn them a $ they will chase you. At the same time, if they think you can't earn them a $, they will dump you. The best part you can give it to them is just to ignore them.

The point is to keep trying. Never stop trying. Good luck.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic