• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Choosing among TIBCO BW and SAP EP? which one is better option for future?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
In my current project I have the oppurtunity of working in two teams with TIBCO BW(BusinessWorks) in one team and SAP EP(Enterprise Portal/Netweaver Portal) in another team. I have 6 months of experience in TIBCO BW but I am new to SAP EP. I am not able to decide which skill to opt for, for my next proj. Can anyone suggest me which one will be better option considering future growth and scope?

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to CodeRanch!

This is a touch question because nobody knows. It's hard to predict the future. You can search job boards to see which one has the most demand now. Or you can make the decision based on learning something knew vs learning something deeper and becoming more of an expert in it.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Can anyone suggest me which one will be better option considering future growth and scope?

I would recommend SAP XI. Till recently Tibco BW was in high demand(2004 till 2012) and used by big projects for integration work.But with new techonologies like Mulesoft/WSO2/FuseSource taking lead, TIbco's domination in integration sphere is on decline.I know atleast 3 big companies who replaced Tibco BW(and related technologies) by Mulesoft. Mule/Fuse/WS02 offer IDEs which are as comparable with that of BW and they are open source.Java developer with 5-10 years in Java can easily work with these products.Companies are prefering these as these products are based on Apache Camel+ServiceMix+ActiveMQ-all open source.
SAP is giant in ERP-backbone for big companies.Its not going soon!.Investment in SAP demands huge investment.Replacing SAP and its peripheral tools won't give advantage IMO.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic