• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

portlet session problems

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I have a portlet that actually sparks a pop-up in my portal. It works 95% of the time but when it doesn't I have to reconcile the issues.

The logic is a user logs in and based on information in a stored procedure a pop-up appears and they are given options to make their selections and it saves the person's information and the items they selected.

Lately, I noticed that in some cases the items in the database are duplicated. But not always the same. Sometimes it appears that the person had selected "None of the above" which made me think that perhaps after a person leaves and another another person comes in right behind them...they are presented with the previous person's pop-up options and the new person thinks it doesn't apply to them so they click "none of the above" but the form is still tied to the previous person's information.

I've tried many things...making the objects null and then creating a new object(), but it seems like it's not working. I'm also using Hibernate saveOrUpdate() method to update the database. Is it possible that the previous person is not logging out, or they did log out and they didn't close the browser, and the browser is hanging on to the session data? Is it because the portlet is a pop-up which is causing problems and maybe it should be made into a traditional portlet?

Any suggestions? I've been fighting this for months.

THanks
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic