• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Completed TOGAF 9 Foundation

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I completed TOGAF 9 Foundation scoring 80% marks with the self-study approach. I completed the exam in 18 minutes flat.
But, it also meant I answered 4 questions wrong (which I could have answered correctly).
Anyways, it was such a rush and I enjoyed it while it lasted. And that's what matters!!
I did not have much knowledge about TOGAF so my preparation took 3 weeks with 4 focused hours each day.
Along with TOGAF 9 doc, I used the self study guide which has lot of sample Q&A which really helped.

Aiming to complete the next level in the next 3 weeks.

Cheers,
Yuvaraj

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrats. How did you study besides reading the guide? Flash cards? Summaries? Something else?

Ranch Hand
Mac PPC Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations!

Rancher
Eclipse IDE Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrats Yuvraj. That's quite a bit of focus to study for 3 weeks straight. When I picked up the guide, I was falling asleep on the second day

yuvaraj sekhar
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks guys!
@Jeanne When I first started reading the guide, I felt it was not comprehensive enough for me to grasp the concepts. So, I started reading the TOGAF 9 documentation and some other material on the internet to gain understanding of the ADM, Iterations, Continuum etc. That reduced the amount of things that I had to memorize. Having said that, how I interpreted and remembered the concepts didn't necessarily translate into the TOGAF language (some of the words and phrases it uses), though I was able to articulate and also apply them well (to some of the scenarios from Level 2). The final aspect to my prep was the Q&A which helped me with what to expect and also I knew time was never going to be factor (which was a BIG relief). And the whole process was iterative of course ! :-)
@Jayesh I agree that some parts are really dry like Enterprise Continuum and Architecture Governance. I had to struggle to read those up. But, I spent minimal time on the first few passes of my prep on such topics. I must admit my understanding is still fuzzy.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic