• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problem, java security KeyStore and JApplet

Greenhorn
Netbeans IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
(Sorry for the re-post I didn't see this subforum)
Hello Guys, I'm trying to kill a JApplet.

I'm using PCKS11 to read a Card and authenticate an user to log in on a webpage. I sign the japplet with a certificate to sign of code (Global sign I guess) I need it to deploy the applet.

Once that applet is running on the browser and the user not use it, if the user close the browser or close the applet (Its a modal dialog on html and js) the process java.exe disappears because I overwrote the method destroy and stop from Applet class.

Ex:

The real problem is when the user has used the applet, in another words when the KeyStore from java.security was loaded. I implement this.

Once the user loaded their certificates from the keystore and later close the modal (the modal dialog contains the japplet and the <object> tag who contains the applet , that is removed and added on different pages) or when the browser is closed, the process in the taskmanager still there and the System.exit(0) doesn't work.

Loading applet

Applet running

I'm guessing that its a problem of liberation of memory from the KeyStore. I need kill the applet correctly to use it once again and not make a lot of process "java.exe".
Somebody? Thanks.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic