• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Adv & DisAdvantage of using Log4j

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Can anybody expalain me the advantage & disadvantage of using log4j ?

Is there any disadvantage, if i kept the logging level at INFO & my application is printing large logs on each page response ? Will there be any delay in response time of each page ?

Guys, i need this info., Can anybody help me ?

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello "Rajp Sing"

Welcome to JavaRanch

We are glad to have you here. We have a naming policy at JavaRanch. Your displayed name must consist of a first name (or an initial), a space, and a family name (in that order) and not be obviously fictitious. Please take a moment to change it, which you can do right here.

Jaikiran Pai
Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
As for your question,

Is there any disadvantage, if i kept the logging level at INFO & my application is printing large logs on each page response ? Will there be any delay in response time of each page ?

Depends on how many log messages you are printing. Going by what you say, it looks like the messages are very verbose, in which case you should have logged them at DEBUG level. Applications in production, usually configure the log level to be INFO or higher. This reduces the amount of log messages and also to some extent (depending on how much you log) increases the performance of the application.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic