• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SMS/Check Inbox

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I was wondering if there was a way to check/view messages from my phone. I'm trying to create a program that will be able either read messages from my phone, or reply to them. I'm trying to get this to work for a Window Phone, but I don't know if there is a difference between doing it on a Windows Phone or Android. Most of the topics that somewhat relate to what I'm doing are all Android based.

I've looked at AT Commands, SMS Gateways, but I'm still not sure if it's entirely possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to the Ranch.

When you say "read messages from my phone", where would the code doing this run, and would kind of connection would it have to he phone?

Alex Ball
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I would like to have the program run from the computer. The connection would be from a USB to the computer.

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It should be possible to write a mobile app that handles SMS and can also communicate via USB, but I doubt that this functionality exists built in. I have no knowledge of Windows Phone to know for sure, though. On Android something like this could probably be facilitated via the ADB debug tool (or at the least that could handle the USB communication part); maybe something similar exists on Windows Phone.

Villains always have antidotes. They're funny that way. Here's an antidote disguised as a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic