• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Amritendu De: how to integrate with micro service architecture?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Mr De,
I am delighted to see a book addressing TDD at each layer of architecture! I will devour this book.

How will I take what I learn here and expand on it with my micro service based enterprise app? I am building a micro service app based off of the guidelines in Sam Newman's Building Microservices (O'Rielly). What would you suggest in addition to what you provide in your book for integration testing between services and for testing a consumer-driven contract?

Do you mention Microservices at all in your book or how you might factor such a thing into your application architecture?

Thanks again for making this valuable contribution to the Java community!

Here is the link to Sam Newman's book: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/mobile/0636920033158.do

author
Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have heard about this concept but did not have a chance to work on it or read the book. But yes the book is about building a service oriented REST API kind of design. The usefulness of this book comes when you come up with a domain model while solving a story in agile development and have to build on top of that domain model. All the variations of the domain model and its possibilities are described in minute detail. This is something the other books do not cover.

Kent Bull
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Amritendu De wrote: All the variations of the domain model and its possibilities are described in minute detail.

The above comment made me very excited to read your book. Your table of contents seems to hide the rich detail of your book. Is the table of contents on Amazon the full table of contents? What I saw there just makes it look like you are talking about managing and testing different kinds of relationships at the data layer. It doesn't seem to indicate the presence of a deep discussion of the variations in domain model.

Nonetheless, I look forward to reading your book.

Amritendu De
author
Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Look at the book description on Amazon page. It is very detailed.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic