• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Amritendu De: How to integrate with Continuous Delivery

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello again Mr De,

In your book do you mention any ideas on integrating the tests from TDD into different stages of a continuous delivery pipeline? It seems as though they would mostly provide automated feedback at the commit stage as unit tests though the jQuery testing seems like it could even be a smoke test later in the pipeline.

author
Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The book only talks about building with Maven. It does not talk about Jenkins at all. Only the development part is covered and as a developer how you can deploy to Tomcat and test the application.

Kent Bull
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Great, thanks for the answer about Maven. I use Gradle and am loving it. When I go through your book I am going to try to do everything using Gradle. Can I ask you questions about how to get things working if I have too many difficulties? I have a Gradle book by Benjamin Mushko I will consult first. It has a great section on how to port Maven projects to Gradle projects.

With that in mind, how much does the content of the book depend on using Maven's build system? If I need to I'll use Maven for everything in the book first and then redo everything with Gradle. I don't know much about Maven and I would like to learn how to plug testing into a Maven project.

Here is the link for that book by Benjamin Mushko: http://www.manning.com/muschko/

I had the good fortune of receiving the book from Hans Docketer during a conference session at SpringOne 2GX in Dallas last year. Gradle seems to be the next step in build system evolution.

Amritendu De
author
Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I selected Maven because of its popularity and most developers would find it useful. It is not that difficult using Eclipse Maven plugin.

However you can migrate the code to Gradle. There is no Java and JavaScript code dependency with Maven. Its just the structure and the dependencies.

They gave me pumpkin ice cream. It was not pumpkin pie ice cream. Wiping my tongue on this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic