• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Licensekey error (again)

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi there,
We are trying to install Cisco's Email Manager which also needs the JDBC-driver from Weblogic.
We downloaded this from the bea/weblogic site (mssqlsrv4v70, rel 510sp8). Everything seems to be working but we are getting the following error:
Error in connecting to database: JDBC error. java.sql.SQLException: weblogic.common.LicenseNotFoundException: weblogic.common.LicenseNotFoundException: Could not find licensing file:
The WeblogicLicense.xml file states its valid until july 8th 2001, the location of this file has been added to the Classpath-variable in both the system and administrator settings. It feels like I have copied this file in every directory available and included them in the classpath variable, but this error surfaces everytime.
It seems like this is the same problem sridevi b posted october 10th but I haven't found an answer as yet.
Hope somebody out there can help me solve this...
Regards,
Erwin

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Just to confirm, you do have an entry in you WeblogicLicense.xml file that can be found on the classpath that looks something like:

don't you...?

Erwin Zonneveld
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
this is the contents of the WeblogicLicense.xml:
- <WEBLOGIC-LICENSES>
<LICENSE PRODUCT="jdbcKona/Oracle" IP="any" UNITS="3" EXPIRATION="08-Jul-2001" KEY="8a130b61a9f11a7d02e443b45a954c3c" />
<LICENSE PRODUCT="jdbcKona/MSSQLServer4" IP="any" UNITS="3" EXPIRATION="08-Jul-2001" KEY="dd20363c86dddbce2a85b164d22af470" />
<LICENSE PRODUCT="jdbcKona/Informix4" IP="any" UNITS="3" EXPIRATION="08-Jul-2001" KEY="82a5b2d7012f4b734524585790f88193" />
</WEBLOGIC-LICENSES>
(I guess this can't hurt, since this key will expire (on my b-day ...
I just can't understand why it can't find the file when its right under his nose

Erwin Zonneveld
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Additional information:
We are running on a P-III 933Mhz Compaq Proliant.
Windows NT 4.0, SP 6a, MS SQL-server 2000, JRE v1.2 (came with the package, I know v1.3.1 is also available)
Any idea anyone?
greetz,
Erwin

George Brown
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Did you put the location of the xml license file on the weblogic classpath?
When you invoke startWeblogic.cmd to start WLS you provide the following parameter on the command line:
-Dweblogic.class.path=%WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH%
make sure that when you set WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH you include the correct directory for the license.
HTH.

Erwin Zonneveld
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
the CLASSPATH setting in both system and administrator contain the location(s) where the weblogiclicence.xml exists.
It's located in de default directories Weblogic puts it when I unzip the downloaded file.
I've even copied the file to the root-directory and added that to the classpath-variable.
I also just tried the commandline you gave in the commandprompt:
-Dweblogic.class.path=%WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH%
that doesn't work (not an internal or external command...)
so I did it this way:
set weblogic.class.path=%WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH%
I also added "WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH" to the system and administrator settings with the correct paths...
No go
I just don't get it... the classpath is as it should be.
The license file is valid till july 8th and is copied almost everywhere, and still it can't be found... so it says...

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ur license file shows that ur using MSSQlServer4. But, u r saying that ur trying to connect MSSqlServer2000. will it make any diff..?.

Erwin Zonneveld
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Its the "latest" JDBC driver found on the bea/weblogic website which states it can be user for SQL svr 7 & 2K.
But anyway.. I hate this job
After sifting throught the different logfiles, searching for errors, I copied the file to the one directory I hadn't copied it to.
Guess what...
Apparently only the first entry in the classpath is looked at (in my case "c:\weblogic\mssqlserver4v70\classes") by Email Manager. So after copying the file there, you can guess the rest.
I'm going to do some keyboard banging now.
Thanx for the advise anyway
Grtz,
Erwin

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic