• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Spring vs Jersey

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm more a Spring guy, but my employer enforces the "standard java REST API implementation (JAX-RS 221)" implemented in Jersey. I don't believe spring adheres fully to this Standard (so it doesn't comply at all to this standard).
How could I convince my employer to use Spring Rest instead of Jersey?

Author
Scala IntelliJ IDE Netbeans IDE Python Java Ubuntu Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
You can use Jersey with Spring, the documentation has instructions on configuration http://jersey.java.net

If you want guidance on having a debate with your boss, I'm the wrong person--I agree with him picking a reasonable standard and requiring consistency in his shop. There are many ways to skin this cat (isn't that always the case) and allowing all of them to be used, or even allowing more than one in a production/commercial programming environment generally does nothing but ensure that staff don't understand each other's work, reduce overall quality, and slow production down.

For what consolation it might offer, JAX-RS is ridiculously easy to get to grips with.

Ah well, I'm sure others will try to rescue you!

Cheers,
Simon
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic