• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed Web Service OCWSD 1z0-897 exam

Ranch Hand
MySQL Database PHP Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
First of all thanks to all mighty dear Allah, who made it possible. I passed the Web Services Developer exam 1Z0-897 today with 69%.

I want to say big thanks to Frits Walraven for creating great enthuware tests for this exam and Mikalai Zaikin for his excellent study guide and quiz.
Enthuware and Mikalai's quiz was a great help. And how can I not mention the amazing stories that other ranchers shared, it was motivating.

I was preparing for this exam from a quite a time. First I read the Java Web Service Up and Running book by Martin Kalin, very good book as said by everyone at ranch.
Then I read Mikalai's notes for WSD6 and then Quiz. Believe me I was not doing very good at quiz, but I made sure I read all the questions except UDDI and JAXR.

Then comes the enthuware tests, I took the first test and failed (scored 31%), took the second test and failed (scored 56%), took the third test and failed (scored 56%).

But I was making my notes after each test and before taking the next test, I used to read and write code to understand the concept.

Took the fourth test and passed (scored 73%), took the fifth test and passed (scored 71%) and lastly took the last day test and failed (scored 63%)

Their were quite many questions in real exam that were similar to enthuware.
The exam was quite much therotical and for many questions it was very difficult to choose which option/options are correct.

So guys please make sure while taking the enthuware test you pay attention and do a bit of memorization.It will really help you in the real test.

It is very important to understand that even If you know practical side of web services, you might still fail the exam as it includes lot of specs.

Learnt a lot about web services while studying for the exam. Passing this exam is quite a relief.

Good luck to other, who are preparing for the exam. This exam is hard but you can do it.

Score-Card.gif
[Thumbnail for Score-Card.gif]
Score Card

Creator of Enthuware JWS+ V6
Android Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations Well done !

I want to say big thanks to Frits Walraven for creating great enthuware tests for this exam

You are welcome, I am glad they helped!

Mahtab Alam
Ranch Hand
MySQL Database PHP Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Frits

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Mahtab Alam wrote:I passed the Web Services Developer exam 1Z0-897 today with 69%.

Congratulations !

Glad to know my WSD 6 Gudie and WSD 6 Quiz helped.

Good luck,
MZ

Greenhorn
Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations!

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful