• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

WebLogic 8.1 SP3 does not running MyFaces app

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all!

We want to migrate an existing application from Swing to Web. We have chose JSF to get better UI components. The implementation of JSF is MyFaces 1.2 (or can also maybe 1.1), but we are getting some problems mainly with Expression Language.

>> Cenario Details:
- Server WebLogic 8.1 with SP3
- MyFaces 1.2 (we have based in some apache blank apps)

>> Cenario Problems:
- Cannot renderize JSF because the server cannot execute EL as well. My EL jar libs are:

- jstl.jar (im not sure about the especific version)
- standard-1.1.2.jar
- javax.servlet.jar (need for some examples. I think is 2.4 version).

I have made some testes into blank and simple application .war from MyFaces Apache site. If I put blank or simple app direct into WebLogic the server crash, I have put the 3 jars that i listed above.

I head into this Javaranch forum, that i can use JSTL 1.0 version, that is truely compatibily with WL 8.1 SP3, but...

My web.xml head is servlet 2.4 version, sometimes I have put 2.3 version. What is recommend for my case? WL 8.1 SP3 does not support 2.4 version?

This job was working as well. I have create a blank prototype project with the same libs. (include also myfaces-api.jar and myfaces-impl.jar like blank or simple app).

Sometime the project was working well, the faces-config.xml was redirect the actions and getting undestand what I want to do.

But at current time Im getting problems and this exception is printting at my console and page:

javax.faces.FacesException: javax/servlet/jsp/el/FunctionMapper

at org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:421)
at org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:234)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:352)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:107)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:996)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:419)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:28)

Im not sure what is causing this issues. When I have tried to put Tiles to MyFaces project, the server is crashing.

>>> My claim:

What is the best way to work with MyFaces working EL as well and don�t crasing the WL 8.1 server system? Someone have configured a true successfuly MyFaces project into WebLogic 8.1 SP3?

Thanks all!

drifter
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Not using MyFaces, but 8.1 supports servlet 2.3, jsp 1.2, jstl 1.0.

Inocencio Oliveira
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks I knew that!

Inocencio Oliveira
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The behavior of WebLogic 8.1 is very strange. Sometimes (the same app without changes) its running, and sometimes get problem with webapp header.

Sometimes we put new .war without jarkat EL and the app running, sometimes we put with and don�t get running.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic