• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Apache plugin authentication

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All

I have configured weblogic 8.1 with Apache as the plugin and set up the basic authentication for Apache with the users information stored in htpasswd file. I had to duplicate the same user with the same password under the default realm of weblogic inorder to let the user authenitcate.

I didn't run into this issue on Windows but on Solaris this seems to happen. I would be really greatful if anyone provides me with the links/explanation or documentation as to why is there this kind of behavior.

Thanks
SC

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Exception stack trace please.
explain about the behavior changes in solaris.

surya chandra
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi

There is no exception as such. The servlet basically is set up for Basic authentication at Apache level in httpd.conf file pointing to the password file. The application does prompt with the login window but once you enter the userid and password configured another login window comes up with the "Weblogic" realm prompt. Only when you duplicate users in the default realm of weblogic then this behaviour stops.

This was not the case with earlier versions of Weblogic. If anyone has run into this problem please do reply.

Thanks
SC

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic