• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Multiple problems with Weblogic 8.1

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I recently took over an application which is deployed on weblogic. Now, I added a few System.out.println statements in some of the code components and trying to redeploy the file. There are multiple issues I am stuck with:

1. On server1 the app gets deployed properly. But when I access the app, it is not picking up the updated class files (in which I have added my debug statements). In order to further debug this, I deleted these class files from the ear build and then redeployed the app, surprisingly it is still able to find those classes, I don't know where. I restarted the server after redeploying the app, configured the StagingMode to nostage. Also checked the files under .wlnodelete directory and those classes are not there, still it is able to find it somehow.

2. When I try to get the server2 up (individually by doing startServer2), it ends up saying that Start/restart of the server2 failed. It is not giving any error or exception in any of the server2 logs.

3. If I do a stopAll and then startAll, the server2 gets up alongwith server1. Now if I deploy the app on server2, it gets deployed without any errors. But when I access the app it gives javax.naming.NameNotFoundException for my EJBs. If I look at the JNDI tree of the server2 through weblogic console, I can see the EJB names bound, not sure why it is throwing the NameNotFoundException.

Ankit Doshi
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Let me rephrase the main problem.

The main problem is that the changes that I am making to Servlet classes are not being reflected when I re-deploy the ear file. It looks like they're being referred from some cache.

Has anyone faced similar problem earlier? Any hints at all??

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The problem your're facing micht have something to do with the WebLogic caching strategy.

First, you might undeploy all your concerning web-applications and secondly, delete the entire .wlnodelete. Afterwards redeploy your apps and go futher from that point.

If you look closely at this tiny ad, you will see five bicycles and a naked woman:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic