• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

exporting files from WSAD

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I've made the switch over from VAJ 4.0 to WSAD 5.1 but I'm still not used to working with the IDE. I'm trying to do something very simple - export a servlet class file to a local directory. I select the servlet class file I want in the Java Perspective then export to local file system. The problem is that it only wants to export the java file. Each time I have to scroll through a long list of files and manually select the class file.
Is there any way to have the class file automatically selected?
Someone will tell me to just click the "Select Types..." button and check the .class option. Since only the java file(s) were selected originally, this will just add the .class filter and elimate anything I selected for export.

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Lu,

Gary Craig
Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Lu,
To start with, build your servlets in a "Web project" in WebSphere studio. The Web content folder then represents the root of an expanded war file. What you are wanting to export is the WEB-INF/classes folder contents (which will just have the .class files).
Using the option to only publish/export what has changed, let's you easily export an updated servlet by publishing the "classes" folder.
Alternatively, consider exporting the .war file to your test server.
(one of Kyle's co-authors....)

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic