• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

WSAD access beans

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello All,

In my project, I have entity beans that have relatioships between them. These beans are accessed locally so I only generate local interfaces for them. The problem arised when I wanted to generate access beans for these entity beans keeping in mind that I want the relationship to be reflected in the access bean.
If I create an access bean (JavaBean wrapper or copy helper) for
an enterprise bean involved in a relationship that has been made navigable, the navigation method of the access bean returns an access bean corresponding to the enterprise bean at the other side of the relationship.
This exactly what I want only I have 1 problem, wrapper and copy helper access beans are only created for entity beans with remote interfaces!!

Does that mean that in order to get access beans reflecting the relatioships, I must create remote interfaces??
If not, how do I get around it??

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Using the access beans in WSAD can only be done on beans with remote access. You can, however manually create an access bean for local interfaces and use it as a wrapper to your interface. If you are interested in what the code looks like.... email me.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic