• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Jtds Driver

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
We are using Jtds as the jdbc driver to connect to the database. We are trying to pool the connection using this driver. In doing so we got an exception:

[5/31/06 17:30:44:471 CDT] 41c07c48 ConnectionFac E J2CA0036E: An exception occurred while invoking method setDataSourceProperties on com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.spi.WSManagedConnectionFactoryImpl used by resource jdbc/neDataSource : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: com.ibm.ws.exception.WsException: DSRA8052W: Unable to find constructor for DataStoreHelper: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbcx.JtdsDataSource
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.exceptions.DataStoreAdapterException.<init>(DataStoreAdapterException.java:244).... and so on

We are using:

Implementation Class Name: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbcx.JtdsDataSource

Can anyone suggest how pooling can be done using the jtds driver?

Thank you,
Lz.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi, this is the way I used the JTDS driver in WAS 6.1 and 7 .

I copied the jtds jar to local dir - ex D:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\lib\jtds-1.2.5.jar
then I created the JDBC for it from Resources\JDBC Providers, choose the scope, type=defined by user, implementation name=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbcx.JtdsDataSource, save and sync.

Get inside the JDBC and create a Data source, (from this point on you have 2 options, create a DataSource or a DataSource V4 - older version -), I use V4.
Define the JDNI that you will use, and leave all the rest default.

then once the data source is created, get inside the datasource, and click on custom properties, there if you chose the V4 DS you have to add the following properties:
databaseName
portNumber
serverName

if you chose the Datasource (without V4) you will have a list of the properties that you can use, so you just look for these 3 properties and fill out the value field.

Once you finish you can test the connnection.

Hope it helps!

Adrian -

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic