aspose file tools*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes The Universe that Discovered Itself Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "The Universe that Discovered Itself" Watch "The Universe that Discovered Itself" New topic
Author

The Universe that Discovered Itself

Ronnie Phelps
Ranch Hand

Anthony,
If I knew what our purpose was then it might make life less enjoyable and therefore it wouldn't matter to me because i would ignore it anyway.
R K Singh
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Anthony Villanueva:
You decry the fact that scientific theories aren't final. I understand that. Science has a healthy respect for human error, and it has a mechanism for gracefully replacing a disproven theory with a new one. It weeds out unclear notions, unreproducible assertions and just plain nonsense. (In the same way MD does, I believe )
Also, scientific theories are approximations that are only valid within a certain range. Newtonian physics was shown to be give incorrect predictions at high velocities, but a high velocities only. Does this "impurity" suggest that we chuck out of the window? In this day and age of curved spacetime, civil engineers still use the physics of Newton and the geometry of Euclid, not Einstein or Riemann. Are the bridges, buildings and planes all the more unsafe from the hands of a misunderstood Nature? (Or should we fear more from misled fanatics? )
These "limitations" you see were never claimed otherwise by science, that theories of today are graven in stone. If by tomorrow a theorist publishes a paper in the Physical Review with a radical new theory on electron orbits that happens to be more accurate, and it brings with it additional new technology like room-temperature superduperconductivity or new processors based on quantum-computing, (that we would be unable to do because of current theory), then we are all the better for it.
(You know, I'm still grappling with the whole thing myself. An electron in the ground state, that is, the lowest energy "orbit", has no orbital angular momentum, which means whatever it's doing, it's not moving around the nucleus. Wierd. But then again, if it can go through both holes at once...)

You want to measure a drop
OR you want to see how small a thing could be if you keep on cutting?
Answer for these two question is
1) Drop size is not fix.
2)It will depend on the knife, how sharp is it, not on the object.
I dont say that science is wrong, but I know one thing, it is never right
And as I said, I belive that "Aham Brhamasmee !"(in sanskrit) meaning I am Universe
You look outside, I am looking inside.
All the best.
Anthony Villanueva
Ranch Hand

pity this busy monster,manunkind,
not. Progress is a comfortable disease:
your victim (death and life safely beyond)
plays with the bigness of his littleness
--electrons deify one razorblade
into a mountainrange;lenses extend
unwish through curving wherewhen till unwish
returns on its unself.
A world of made
is not a world of born--pity poor flesh
and trees, poor stars and stones,but never this
fine specimen of hypermagical
ultraomnipotence. We doctors know
a hopeless case if--listen:there's a hell
of a good universe next door;let's go
(eecummings)
Suchak Jani
Ranch Hand

Dear Ravish,
Please forgive me for my terrible english.
"Aham Brhamasmee !"(in sanskrit) meaning I am Universe

I would like to humbly point out that Bhahman does not mean Universe.
As i understand this.

Aham- I (I am)
Brhamasmee - Part and parcel of Brahman

The above explanation is accepted by Sri Ramanuja, Sri Madhva, Sri Nimbarka,Sri Vishnu Swami,Sri Krishna Chaitanya and other great Acharyas of bygone ages.
These Acharya's have led an exemplery life unparalled in the history of recent Vedic India, nay the whole world even.
Acharya- a teacher who teaches by his own example
Per the Bhagavad Gita(14:27),

Sri Krishna explains herein:-
"And i(Sri Krishna) am the basis of the impersonal Brahman, which is im-mortal, imperishable and eternal and is the constitutional position of ultimate happiness."

Also per the Srimad Bhagavat Purana(1.2.11) (Written by Sri Vyasa Deva- the compiler of all the vedic texts)

"The Absolute Truth is realized in three phases of understanding by the knower of the Absolute Thuth, and all of them are identical. Such phases of the Absolute Truth are expressed as Brahman, Paramatma and Bhagavan".

Even logicalling, me being the universe does not make sense.
Practically speaking I do not have so many galaxies, suns , planets etc in me to qualify me as the universe.
Sri Krishna being the basis of Brahman though, is also the basis of everything.
To wrap it up, Brahman is a concept of the Absolute Truth, much bigger than a puny universe per vedic stastras(books of knowledge).
Regards
Suchak Jani
[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: Suchak Jani ]
Anonymous
Ranch Hand

The universe shapes our dreams.......or do we first have a dream of watching moving pictures on a box and then make it come true...........do we make our dreams, non-existant things come thru.......if we can't find another universe, why not create it? Does animals dream? Would a cat, a mysterious creature of the dark, know of a gateway to other universe? If cat can make their dreams come true like humans, would they be better at discovering another universe? Maybe the answers lies in the health centres.......... :roll:
Anonymous
Ranch Hand

Hmmmmmmm.......maybe the answer won't come from a cat, but from some animals who have lived longer on this earth than the human species........like the shark or the giant squid.
Anonymous
Ranch Hand

Hey, wait a minute......health centres....a profession as old as age itself...........shark living longer than the human species......oh I see the connection!
Anonymous
Ranch Hand

Oh wise one....only you the one can see such obscure connection uncomprehensible to a too normal mind, show us the ways.
R K Singh
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Suchak Jani:

Hi Suchak
When we say "Aham Brhamasme" you are right that in actual meaning its means Bramha or Part of Bramha.
But in its Philosphical meaning (this thins I was told by my Hindi teacher when I was in 11th)of it is very vast. Bramha is a creator of this universe. When I say, I am Branha, I say I am universe.
And universe is not what as per you Sun, planet and space. It has more deepar meaning like making something from Shunya (zero).
You can say how can one make something from zero.
But even a scientist will say that universe made from nothing.
Yes I dont contain any Sun OR Planet with in me.... but I am universe in myself.
No thanks, My meaning of Aham Brahmasmee gives me peace and I am happy with that.
you must have heard this..
That body is made of Water, earth, space, fire & .....
Oh my God... I have fire .. but what does I burn with that fire.... for me fire is internal energy for you it could be match box light.
Dave Vick
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by <Schmacher>:
Would a cat, a mysterious creature of the dark, know of a gateway to other universe?

Well the mysterious creature of the dark that lives in my house seems to be looking for the entrance to his universe while sprawled out on my bed all day with his eyes closed - he must be trying to visualize it before creating it. I assume its going to be a pretty good one too - he's been creating for quite few years now

Dave
Suchak Jani
Ranch Hand

Dear Ravish,
But in its Philosphical meaning (this thins I was told by my Hindi teacher when I was in 11th)of it is very vast. Bramha is a creator of this universe.

I beg to differ on this point. There is a difference between Sri Brahma and Brahman.
Per the vedic shastras(books of knowledge) here are the meanings :-

Brahman - Brahman is im-mortal, imperishable and eternal and is the constitutional position of ultimate happiness. (Per the Bhagavad Gita(14:27))
Brahma - A Devine Personality who acts as the secondary creator in this universe.

Sri Brahma Samhita is a text spoken by this same Lord Brahma.
Here is an excert from the preface to the Brahma Samhita translation in english by Sri Bhakti Sidhata Saraswati Goswami Maharaj.

The Brahma-samhita's account of Brahma's enlightenment is quite interesting and can be summarized here. When Lord Vishnu (Garbhodakasayi Vishnu) desires to recreate the universe, a divine golden lotus flower grows from His navel, and Brahma is born from this lotus. As he is not born from parents, Brahma is known as "Svayambhu" ("self-existent" or "unoriginated"). Upon his emergence from the lotus, Brahma begins-- in preparation for his role as secondary creator--to contemplate the act of cosmic creation but, seeing only darkness about, is bewildered in the performance of his duty. Sarasvati, the goddess of learning, appears before him and instructs him to meditate upon the kama-bija mantru (Klim krsnaya govindaya gopijana-vallabhaya svaha), promising that this mantra "will assuredly fulfill your heart's desire." Lord Brahma thus meditates upon Lord Krsna in His spiritual realm and hears the divine sound of Krsna`s flute. The kama-gayatri mantra (Klim kamadevaya vidmahe puspa-banaya dhimahi tan no nangah pracodayat), the "mother of the Vedas," is made manifest from the sound of Krsna's flute, and Brahma, thus initiated by the supreme primal preceptor Himself, begins to chant the Gayatri. (As Srila Prabhupada puts it, "When the sound vibration of Krsna's flute is expressed through the mouth of Brahma, it becomes gayatri" [teachings of Lord Caytanya, p. 322]). Enlightened by meditation upon the sacred Gayatri, Brahma "became acquainted with the expanse of the ocean of truth." Inspired by his profound and sublime realizations, his heart overflowing with devotion and transcendental insight, Lord Brahma spontaneously begins to offer a series of poem-prayers to the source of his enlightenment and the object of his devotion, Lord Sri Krsna. These exquisite verses form the heart of the Brahma-samhita.

Ravish said:-
When I say, I am Branha, I say I am universe.

That is ok, but it is said in Vedic circles that "One who has himself for Guru, has a bad choice for Guru".
This is not a criticism , but just a fact of life.
We go and consult for everything else, like doctors, car mechanics etc.
Why not do the same for spitiual enlightenment, if we are really serious for spiritual enlightenment.
Regards
Suchak Jani
R K Singh
Ranch Hand

Hi Suchak
please visit this http://www.srcm.org/literature/cw1_glossary.html
serach for BRAHMASMI.
But actually you are also not wrong as "Aham Brahmasmi"
also mean I am Brahman (Pandit),
also means I am Guru,
also means I am Part of Bramha,
also means I am Brahmand
and 1000s of other meaning Like "OM"
If I say OM in real sense does not have any meaning then I again you will come up with 100 meanings.
But in real sense OM has no meaning hence it is meaning of all. (nothing is present in everything)
So it is all that how do you see the meaning.
And I am very normal guy, I dont do anything for spiritual enlightenment.
I just do what I want to do and thats why I say "Aham Brhamasmi".
[ July 31, 2002: Message edited by: Ravish Kumar ]
R K Singh
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Suchak Jani:
"One who has himself for Guru, has a bad choice for Guru".

This is very true as who is Guru for himself cannot be a good Guru.(Coz he has learned everything by himself, ho does not know how to teach.)
Even I have faced this problem.
In colege I used to attend very less classes so I had studied by myself.
When I was in final year and as I had max marks in Applied Mech, a junior came to me to study. But frankly I could not teach him as for me everythign was given in book and they were self explaning.
I had to tell him that if you had any problem then ask me, I could not teach you.

permaculture playing cards

subject: The Universe that Discovered Itself